Federal Minister of Health Aamer Mehmood Kiani informed the nation about the new nursing University in his tweet. He tweeted, “Over the next few months, we are constructing a nursing university which will be a ten billion project that will work to develop the nursing field. According to the vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan, hygiene and sanitation are our foremost priority. It is our shared responsibility to make strong reforms for a healthier and safer Pakistan.”
The University will cost Rs10bn for its construction and other necessities. The establishment of University is part of PTI’s governments plan to provide better health facilities to the nation. There are almost 93 universities in Pakistan which are offering BSC nursing courses, but a separate nursing university will be first in Pakistan.
Nursing is major part of international health care system including Pakistan. The health care system of Pakistan was not properly planned during its time of being in 1947, and the nursing system of Pakistan has been a topic of concern ever since. According to ratio mentioned in Wikipedia, Pakistan had a nurse-to-population ratio of 1:32000 in 1960, improving to 1:5199 by 1997.
The Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) was established in 1948 under Pakistan Act of 1952 and 1973.the PNC has responsibility to oversee the quality of nursing education in country, ensuring educational and clinical training of nurses, maintain ethical standards and wellbeing of nurses, designing nursing programmes and courses, approving and licensing nursing schools and overall monitoring of nursing education all over the country.
The Pakistan Nursing council (PNC) has been working very hard to provide best standard nursing service to patients. For this prospect, the role of The Canadian International Development Agency cannot be denied. The Canadian International Development Agency funded numerous nursing educational institutes in Pakistan and gave initial sustainability to PNC in 1980s and 1990’s.
Here is the list of nursing institutes in Pakistan offering nursing courses and BSc in Nursing
- School of Nursing, Christian hospital Quetta
- Karachi King's (K.K) School & College of Nursing, Karachi.
- New Life School & College of Nursing, Karachi.
- New Life Institute of Nursing, Multan
- People's Nursing School, LUMHS Jamshoro 
- Jamshoro College of Nursing, Jamshoro (JCON)
- College of Nursing, PIMS Islamabad constitute college of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University Islamabad
- College of Nursing Nursing, JPMC, Karachi affiliated with Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro
- Institute of Nursing Nursing at Dow University of Health Sciences Karachi
- Aga Khan University School of Nursing,
- Institute of Nursing Sciences, Khyber Medical University Peshawar
- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences School of Nursing.
- Institute of Nursing Dow University Of Health Sciences, Karachi
- the Ilmiya Institute of Nursing, Karachi affiliated with Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro
- Karachi Adventist College of Nursing
- Shifa College of Nursing Islamabad
- Liaquat National College of Nursing, Karachi affiliated with Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro
- Lahore School of Nursing, The University of Lahore
- College of Nursing, Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
- College of Nursing, Isra University Karachi
- College of Nursing, Zia Ud Din University
- Institute of nursing sciences Khyber Medical University Peshawar
- People SON LUMS, Jamshoro
- Life saving institute of Nursing Karachi
- Rufaidah nursing college peshawar .A project of Peshawar Medical college (pmc) affiliated with Ripah International University, Islamabad.
- College of Nursing, Rehman Medical Institute
- College of Nursing, Saida Waheed FMH