HEC Law Admission Test (LAT) for Undergraduate LLB Degree Programs
Law Admission Test is conducted by HEC to provide the opportunity to the students that aspire to take admission in the five-year undergraduate LLB degree programs. The test is valid for the HEC/PBC recognized public and private sector universities and colleges associated with the public sector universities. It is mandatory for the applicants to pass the LAT to pursue their careers in the profession of law.
The students that fall into the below-mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for the law admission test.
- The students who have passed the intermediate (HSSC) or the equivalent study program.
- The result awaited students of the higher secondary school certificate or equivalent /Grade 12 education.
- The students passed in the first year exam held in 2019 and waiting for the result of 2nd year annual examination not conducted in 2020.
Test Pattern and Syllabus
The test pattern and the syllabus of the test are as follows.
Division of questions
Essay ( English or Urdu)
Personal Statement ( English or Urdu)
MCQs: General Knowledge
MCQs: Islamic Studies
MCQs: Pakistan Studies
The law admission test will be conducted in major cities of Pakistan. A list of the examination center will be mentioned on the application form and the students have to choose from the available options. The examination center will not be changed after registration so select it appropriately.
Date of Examination
The date of the test will be announced soon by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. The students who registered themselves through the HEC online registration process will be able to download the HEC LET Test Roll Number lip at least a week before the examination date. The applicants will be informed about the test date, time, and venue via Email/SMS. It is recommended to the candidates provide a valid mobile number and email while filling the online application form so that they can receive their roll number slip on time. A print of Roll Number Slip and original CNIC will be required to enter Test Centre on the date of the test.
How to Register for HEC Law Admission Test
- For the online registration visit the link http://etc.hec.gov.pk.
- During online registration in case of any difficulty send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit HEC Secretariat or HEC regional centers for guidance.
- Application submission of the law test comprises two steps such as profile completion using the “My Profile” section and application submission using the “law admission test” link on the menu panel.
- Make sure to submit the applications properly by fulfilling all the requirements. In save and Incomplete applications will not be entertained in any case.
- A test fee of Rs 500/- is to be deposited online/ATM in the Bank Account No. 1742 7900 133401, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Bank: Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code: 1742. Bank draft and pay order will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to submit a copy of the fee deposit slip/bank draft through courier at the address Room No 13-209, 2nd Floor, HRD Building. HEC, H-8, Islamabad on or before the last date of registration.
- The applicants are advised to mention the CNIC number at the back of the deposit slip.
- The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The deadline for the online registration for the law admission test is 21st July 2020.
As soon as the date sheet will be announced the students can easily access it from this platform. Law admission test date sheet 2020 and HEC LAT Test date sheet 2020 will be available here after the final declaration by the competent authority. The students are advised to remain in touch with datesheet.pk and get all the latest updates about the latest examination schedule of the various degree programs.
HEC LAT Test